Monday, March 24, 2008

Final project guidelines

We've talked about this in class, but I thought I ought to put it in writing. Your final project is due on Wednesday, April 9, at the beginning of class. It is identical to the midterm project with three exceptions:
  • It is to be 2,500 words long
  • You should quote at least eight people
  • You should include 10 links to offsite information
For any other questions, please see the midterm guidelines. Of course, you can always contact me as well.

There will be a mandatory rewrite due sometime during finals week, at a date and time TBA.

If there's one vital piece of information I can impart to you, it is this: Please give me what you consider to be a finished story on April 9. If you hand me a story that is significantly short and does not quote at least eight people, that will affect your final grade.

More important, I won't be able to do the kind of structural editing that will help you turn in a better story when you rewrite it. Instead, I'll be trying to figure out how you should go about doing what you should have done on the first draft.

I saw some excellent ideas on your story memos, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

No comments: